We want to reach out to you to inform you about what Quay Health is doing during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We are working hard to keep our staff and clients safe, and have implemented a number of proactive steps and precautionary measures in order to maintain a safe and healthy environment in the clinic.
We believe that everyone has the ability to help limit the spread of COVID-19 by following best hygiene practices and the advice of the WHO. At this time, none of our staff or clients have reported any symptoms of COVID-19. As such, our practitioners are continuing to provide face to face consultations and following precautionary measures in line with the WHO and NSW Department of Health.
We are also happy to announce the availability of Telehealth consultations with all of our practitioners including Physiotherapy, Osteopathy, Chiropractic and Podiatry. These appointments are available to anyone but also targeted toward the more vulnerable members of our community like those over the age of 60 years or those who are isolating. Telehealth consultations are a convenient, easy way to keep up with your health and seek advice and exercise based treatment from home. For more information on Telehealth appointment please see the ‘What is Telehealth?’ page on our website.
As you may have noticed when visiting the clinic, we pride ourselves in maintaining an exceptional level of hygiene and ensuring a sanitary environment for all of our clients. Our team has maintained and increased procedures to include:
- Social distancing measures where possible
- Staggered appointment times
- Continued use of hospital grade cleaners on all surfaces
- Continuing to ensure that all treatment tables and rooms are cleaned and sanitised between each client, and at the beginning and end of each day;
- Providing more personal hygiene items such as alcohol based hand-sanitiser, accessible to all throughout the clinic;
- Displaying up to date information on best practices to ensure personal and respiratory hygiene as well as hand-washing guides;
- Ensuring that all concerns from our clients are heard and appropriate action continues to be taken to ensure the safety of our staff and clients.
- Keeping open lines of communication to promote safe practices in our community of clients.
- Making masks available to our staff
- Having all our staff download and keep open the COVID-safe app during sessions.
We ask that all of our clients please:
- Use hand sanitiser upon arrival and when leaving our clinic;
- If feeling unwell, even with mild symptoms or have been in contact with anyone with a known coronavirus diagnosis, we respectfully ask that you alert us and adhere to best practices and advice from the WHO and the NSW Department of Health to please stay at home. No cancellation or rescheduling fee will apply in this scenario;
- If you have been overseas and have returned on or after 16 March 2020, please do not attend our clinic until after you have self-isolated for 14 days
- Practice best hygiene measures while in our clinic.
We thank you for reading this email and taking these precautions.
We realise that many of you have had disruptions to your daily work practice and some of you are working from home, and we hope that you and your loved ones continue to stay safe. We are dedicated to continuing your care and ensuring you get the support you need, so we are keeping our doors open. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Given that the situation continues to develop, we will monitor and update our practices as necessary.
Quay Health Management