Looking for an Osteopath in Wynyard?
- Quay Health is a mixed-modality allied health clinic located on level 6, at 10 Bridge St, in Wynyard- and just a few minutes walk from Wynyard Station (in-between George St, and Pitt St).
- If You’ll enter our building through the doors next to the Bridge St ‘Piccolo Me’ cafe, and take the lift to level 6.
- Our team includes 3 Osteopaths: Dr David Aboud, Dr Abbey Davidson and Dr Marcus Ng, who between them are available for appointments between 8am – 6pm, Monday to Friday.
- To make an appointment in our Wynyard clinic please call (02) 9252 2825, or if you’re tech savvy you can click here book online.
- Allow approximately 1 hour for your first appointment. The fee for your first appointment is $160 (with Marcus or Abbey), or $180 (with David).
- Allow approximately 20-30 minutes for follow-up appointments. These will cost $110 (with Marcus or Abbey), or $130 (with David).
- Health Fund rebates are available on the spot via HICAPS.
When to see an Osteopath
Most people who visit an Osteopath do so for muscular aches and pains. While Neck, Back and Joint pain make up the majority of what we see, we do see people for a range of ailments including:
- Neck, back, and joint pain, including disc injuries
- Postural back pain
- Muscle strains and spasms
- Nerve entrapments such as carpal tunnel and sciatica
- Headaches, migraine and jaw pain, as well as
- Sporting injuries
If you are not sure if we can help, please do give us a call, and a member of our team can have a chat with you to determine if our approach is suitable.
Our Osteopaths are highly trained ‘structural’ Osteopaths and will adapt their treatment and techniques based on your needs. The treatment techniques your Osteopath will use will be chosen to deliver the best possible outcome, and includes:
- Soft tissue manipulation and mobilisation
- Spinal manipulation (Some refer to this as an ‘adjustment’)
- Joint mobilisation
- Muscle energy technique (MET)
- Balanced ligamentous tension (BLT)
- Myofacial release
- Visceral manipulation
- Therapeutic ultrasound, and
Treatments are generally not painful.
Quay Health has 3 Osteopaths available on staff to serve the community and workers of Wynyard: Dr David Aboud, Dr Abbey Davidson, and Dr Marcus Ng.
Each works full-time, and between them, we have an Osteopath available 7am – 6pm Monday to Friday.
What to expect at your first appointment
At your first session, your Osteopath will ask you about the history of your problem to establish when and where the symptoms first started and how they may have changed over time, the treatments (if any) you have received to date, and the impact your pain may be having on your life.
After learning of the history of your pain, your Osteopath will carry out a hands-on examination, which comprises of various tests of the spine, nervous system, muscles and joints. Generally, none of these tests are painful, however if you are in acute pain, your Osteopath may ask you to demonstrate what positions and movements reproduce or exacerbate your pain.
After identifying the underlying cause/s (which usually don’t, however occasionally do require referral for an x-ray, C-T scan or MRI), your Osteopath will set some treatment goals, with the ultimate goal being to restore maximal, pain-free movement to your muscles and joints.
While you should allow up to an hour for your first session, return visits are usually 20-30 minutes long and offer treatment & periodic comparative assessments to work towards your goals.
Appointment times and fees
For those seeking an Osteopath in Sydney CBD, appointments are typically available between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday. Bookings are essential.
An Initial Consult with Dr David Aboud is $180 (allow 45-60 mins)
An Initial Consult with Dr Marcus Ng or Dr Abbey Davidson is $160(allow 45-60 mins)
Standard Consultations with with Dr David Aboud are $130(allow 20-30 mins)
Standard Consultations with Dr Marcus Ng or Dr Abbey Davidson are $110 (allow 20-30 mins)
Payment methods available include cash, VISA, MasterCard and AMEX.
Private health fund rebates are available at the time of payment via HICPAS for those with ‘extras’ cover for Osteopathy.
How to make an Osteopathy appointment
If you’re looking for an Osteopath in Wynyard, please call our clinic reception team on 02 9252 2825 (7am – 7pm, Monday to Friday) or alternately, you can book online.