[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background_color=” src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_display=”]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=”]
Reflexology at Quay Health Sydney
- Tension, Stress, Anxiety
- Pain relief, post operative or chronic conditions
- Cardiovascular/circulation problems
- Asthma, Hyperventilation, Allergies
- Woman’s health, PMS, Menopause
- Pregnancy symptoms, IVF and Infertility
- Kidney Function, Edema, Lymphodema
- Strengthen Immune system
- Digestive and Bowel disorders
- Sleep problems or Insomnia
Reflexology is a gentle, relaxing natural holistic therapy that can assist with many stresses, physical conditions and emotional imbalances. It is an ancient practise and used as far back in time as Buddha in India and recorded proof has been found 1000 BC by the Chinese and in Egyptians tombs from around 2330 BC.
It is based on the principle that there are points on the feet, hands, ears and face which reflect the body’s health. A reflexologist applies pressure on these reflex zones to initiate a positive response in the corresponding area of the body. Its aim is to bring harmony to body and mind and restore the natural balance or homeostasis, and it can produce the same sensation of relaxation and calm as that of a full body massage. Some of the proven benefits of Reflexology are:
- Calming, soothing, relaxing
- Reduces daily stresses
- Improves circulation and energy flow in organs, muscles and tissues
- Detoxes the body of toxins, waste disposal and impurities
- Balances all of the body systems and restores homeostasis
- Supports the immune system in maintaining good health and ward off illness.
- Decreases healing time for injuries as well as the reduction of swelling from injuries and illness
- Increasing the energy level for vitality and sense of well being
- Restores mental alertness and better concentration
- Generates anaesthetic effect that functions as pain relief
Reflexology is for people of all ages and complementary to other treatments or as a maintenance measure, and is a great way for deep relaxation. Reflexology is not to be confused with a foot massage as it works on generating response over the neural pathways and energy lines, or meridians, stimulating the nervous system to release tension and not through manipulation of soft tissue, as massage does. With reflexology, you do not need to remove any clothing besides your sock and shoes and reveal the lower leg and arms.
Depending on your issue and your state of health, pressure, intensity and duration, will be altered to suit your needs, assisting the natural healing power of your body to start to release tension and restore balance from the inside out. Treatments can be general or focussed on a specific problem addressing related areas.